The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) and Chronic Care Management (CCM) are two important components of preventive care that offer several benefits to individuals:
Annual Wellness Visit (AWV):
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of overall health status, including a review of personal and family medical history, and identification of any health risks or conditions that may need to be addressed.
- Offers personalized health recommendations and screenings, such as blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes tests, to help maintain or improve health.
- Helps build a relationship between the patient and healthcare provider, enabling individuals to receive ongoing, individualized care.
Chronic Care Managment (CCM):
- Helps individuals better manage chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, and respiratory conditions, by providing ongoing care and support.
- Offers regular monitoring, medication management, and lifestyle changes to help prevent or manage chronic conditions and prevent complications.
- Improves communication between the patient and healthcare provider, enabling individuals to receive care that is tailored to their specific needs and goals.
- Receives all these additional services outside of the traditional office visit, so it does not interfere with regular primary care providers visit.
Both the Annual Wellness Visit and Chronic Care Management play important roles in ensuring that individuals receive the care and support they need to maintain their health and manage chronic conditions. By receiving preventive care, individuals can experience better health outcomes, reduced healthcare costs, and improved quality of life.